A quick and flavorful Thai Peanut Noodles with nutty, mildly spicy sauce tossed with noodles, ready in 10 minutes. The easiest and fastest homemade takeout dinner!
This recipe is ideal for meal prep, suitable for both lunch and dinner all week long, just like my Quick Teriyaki Chicken and the delightful Honey Lemon Chicken.
THAI PEANUT NOODLES
Discover the magic of peanut butter elevating noodles into a delicious, flavor-packed dish! Simply combine it with soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, and brown sugar, toss with cooked noodles, and voilà! In just 10 minutes, you’ll have a quick and satisfying meal, perfect for busy days. Make it even easier by preparing the sauce ahead of time and storing it in the fridge. These Thai Sesame Noodles are a must-try for any noodle lover!
HOW TO MAKE THAI PEANUT NOODLES?
To prepare Thai Peanut Noodles, you only need noodles and peanut sauce.
- First, cook the noodles following the package instructions.
- Next, whisk all the peanut sauce ingredients and mix it with the noodles.
- For added substance, you can include thinly sliced carrots, split peas, edamame beans, sliced peppers, and cubed chicken. For a simple meal, garnish the noodles with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Peanut Noodles Recipe Variations
I adore this peanut noodles recipe as is, but I also enjoy trying out variations. If I lack some ingredients, I simply substitute with what I have available. Feel free to do the same! Here are a few tasty alternatives I’ve tried:
- Use different veggies. Blanched snap peas, shredded red cabbage, avocado, bell peppers, and green onions all work well. You could even experiment with pickled veggies, like my pickled radishes or pickled jalapeños.
- Try a different protein source. Consider adding shelled edamame or baked tempeh instead of tofu.
- Switch up the nut butter. For a fun twist, you can make the sauce with almond butter, cashew butter, or even tahini.
Peanut sauce is the common condiment that unites Southeast Asian cuisine. It’s a delightful blend of sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy flavors, creating a perfect balance that enhances numerous dishes in the region. It’s an essential accompaniment found across Southeast Asia.
Delicious peanut sauce boasts a strong peanut flavor complemented by subtle hints of ginger, lime, soy sauce, and garlic. It offers a perfect balance of sweetness, saltiness, and rich flavors.
Peanut Sauce (1 tablespoon) has 1.7g total carbs, 1.3g net carbs, 3.6g fat, 1.8g protein, and provides 43 calories.
Thai Peanut Noodles Recipe
- ¼ cup Smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Packed brown sugar or honey
- ½ tsp Chili paste like sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- ¼ tsp Ground ginger
- 3 tbsp Water
- 8 oz Noodles fettuccine, lo mein or other
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions, then drain and keep warm.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup until smooth and well mixed. Adjust the chili paste to taste.
- Heat the sauce in a pan or microwave, then pour it over the noodles. Toss to coat.
- Finally, garnish the noodles with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds before serving.