Try the best fresh strawberry cream cheesecake! Features a creamy base and a delightful strawberry topping with fresh strawberries and lemon juice. Find expert tips for making the ultimate strawberry cheesecake in this New York cheesecake-inspired recipe.
This strawberry cheesecake combines rich New York cheesecake with homemade strawberry sauce. Ideal for summer desserts with fresh, ripe strawberries.
Strawberry cheesecake is a beautiful choice for potlucks and a stunning holiday dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s delicious! We prepare it for special events like BBQs, showers, and birthdays.
This cheesecake’s best feature is the handmade strawberry topping. In order to create a beautiful, bright red sauce that is thin enough to pour yet thick enough to stay on the cheesecake, it uses both puréed and halved strawberries.
The strawberry chunks that have been cut in half make this topping look lovely and provide texture. It’s an eye-catching sauce that is not only good on a cheesecake but also goes well with many other sweets.
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
CHEESECAKE FILLING INGREDIENTS
- Graham crackers – Make graham crumbs using a food processor or crushing them in a sealed bag with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Cream cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese, softened by microwaving for 20 seconds at 50% power.
- Sour cream – For optimal flavor, use full-fat sour cream. Substitute half of the sour cream with heavy cream for a smoother texture.
- Eggs -Eggs should be at room temperature for simple mixing.
- Sugar – Use sugar that melts quickly in the batter, such as refined granulated sugar.
STRAWBERRY TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- Strawberries – Select ripe strawberries. Blend half to make a smooth sauce. Slice or halve the remaining half for texture.
- Sugar – Use fine sugar. Begin with a small amount, add more if necessary.
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice adds just the right touch of vibrancy to the sauce.
- Cornstarch – The strawberry sauce is gently thickened with cornflour to get the ideal pouring consistency for topping this cheesecake.
STEP-BY-STEP STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- Make the graham cracker crust by making graham cracker crumbs in a food processor. Then, add melted butter, sugar, and salt. Process until it’s like wet sand.
- The next step is to press the crumbs into a springform pan lined with parchment paper at the bottom and double-lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Press bottom and side crust firmly, then bake for 8-10 minutes and set aside.
- Combine softened cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to make a smooth, lump-free batter.
- To eliminate air bubbles, stir gently for 1-2 minutes at the lowest speed to prevent cracks. When they reach the surface, release the trapped air.
- Pour cheesecake filling into the crust, tap the pan on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Put the springform pan in a bigger roasting pan and add a couple of inches of hot water. This technique, known as a water bath or bain-marie, ensures even baking and humidity for the cheesecake. This ensures the cheesecake remains moist and crack-free.
- Bake the cheesecake for 75 minutes, then turn off the oven, keeping the cheesecake inside.
- Partially open the oven door and allow the cheesecake to gradually cool for an hour. Next, take out the cheesecake from the water bath and carefully remove the foil. After reaching room temperature, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or more.
Eliminating air bubbles and using a water bath can prevent cracks. Don’t worry if your cheesecake cracks; a tasty strawberry topping is ready to hide any imperfections!
STEP-BY-STEP STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE TOPPING
Strawberry Cheesecake Topping
- Halve some strawberries, then set them aside. Blend the rest with cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice. Next, put it in a pot and heat on medium-high until it boils and thickens.
- Stir in the halved strawberry pieces until well combined.
- Adjust sweetness with lemon juice or sugar, based on strawberry flavor. To make the sauce thinner, add 1 teaspoon of water gradually, remembering that it thickens as it cools.
- After cooling, add strawberry topping to cheesecake, and save some sauce for serving alongside.
To slice smoothly, warm a knife in hot water and dry it. This prevents cheesecake tearing. Remove excess, reheat in hot water, and repeat for each slice. Serve and savor!
TIPS FOR THE BEST STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- Room temperature ingredients – For a smooth batter, use room temperature cream cheese and eggs. To soften cream cheese, microwave it in 20-second intervals at 50% power. This warms it, aiding a smoother batter.
- Remove air bubbles – The main cause of cracked cheesecake is excessive mixing, leading to large air bubbles. Overmixing forms these bubbles, which rise to the surface during baking, causing cracks. To prevent this, gently mix the batter at the lowest speed for 2 minutes, pushing up air bubbles for easy removal. To deal with larger bubbles, pour the batter from a height of 6 inches. Lastly, tap the pan on the counter to release any remaining air bubbles.
- Allow the strawberry topping to come to room temperature before adding it to your cheesecake. The hot strawberry sauce can cause the cheesecake to melt.
- Avoid watering down – Make the strawberry sauce thick enough to stick on the cheesecake but thin enough for a dripping effect.
This cheesecake recipe is good for up to 5 days, but it’s tastiest if eaten within the first two days.
Yes, cheesecake can be frozen. First, cool it at room temperature and then in the fridge until set. Wrap it in plastic and foil, and it will last about 2 months in the freezer. To thaw, leave it at room temperature for 2-4 hours or in the fridge overnight.
Yes, it helps cook evenly and prevents cracking. Fill a roasting pan with hot water. Wrap the springform pan in foil, then bake in the water bath for this dessert.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake
- Cheesecake pan – springform pan
- Round parchment paper
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 ½ tbsp Butter – melted
- 1 ½ tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 8 oz 2 Packages cream cheese – softened
- 2 Eggs
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ⅔ cup Sour cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ lb Strawberries
- 1 ½ tsp Cornstarch
- 3 to 6 tbsp Sugar – adjust as needed
- 1 ½ tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Line the springform pan bottom with parchment paper. Doub le wrap with heavy-duty aluminum foil for security.
- Make the graham cracker crust by making graham cracker crumbs in a food processor. Then, add melted butter, sugar, and salt. Process until it's like wet sand.Press bottom and side crust firmly, then bake for 8-10 minutes and set aside.1 cup graham cracker crumbs,2 ½ tablespoons butter,1 ½ tablespoons sugar,pinch of salt
- Prepare batter: Lower oven temperature to 325°F. In a mixer, blend cream cheese, eggs, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and salt until smooth on medium-high speed.Scrape sides and bottom halfway. Then, eliminate air bubbles at low speed for 1-2 minutes.2 8oz packages cream cheese,2 eggs,⅔ cup sugar,⅔ cup sour cream,1 teaspoon vanilla extract,¼ teaspoon salt
- Pour batter into springform pan, remove air bubbles by tapping on kitchen counter with towel. Place springform pan in larger roasting pan, add hot water for a water bath.
- Baking Instructions:Bake at 325°F for 75 minutes. After baking, turn off the oven. Gently crack open the oven door with a wooden spoon. Allow the cheesecake to cool slowly for one hour.Then, remove it from the oven.
- Cool the cheesecake by taking it out of the water bath and removing the foil. Let it come to room temperature, then cover it loosely and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut half of the strawberries and keep them aside. Blend the remaining strawberries. Combine the puree with cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice in a pot. Heat until it boils.1 ½ lbs strawberries,1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch,3 to 6 tablespoons sugar,1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Remove heat, add strawberry halves.Adjust sweetness or tartness to taste.If necessary, add water gradually.Keep in mind: Sauce thickens when cool.
Top with strawberry sauce and serve
- Pour strawberry topping onto cheesecake, save some for serving. Slice using a hot, dry knife. Serve and enjoy!