These homemade Mango Popsicles are made with just four ingredients. They’re a delightful, refreshing summer treat loved by both kids and adults.
These mango popsicles are perfect for hot days. The mix of sweet mangoes, lime juice, and honey creates a tasty, wholesome frozen treat. Homemade popsicles are easy with natural ingredients. Get a popsicle mold and let’s make some!
ABOUT MANGO POPSICLE
Here are a few of the reasons why I love these popsicles…
- Healthy Treat: Healthy frozen treat made using natural ingredients and naturally sweetened.
- Easy: These popsicles are simple, quick, and easy to make.
- Delicious: Both kids and adults adore these popsicles because they are delicious!
- Refreshing: Cool off on hot summer days or when you crave a tropical refreshment with this perfect frozen treat.
INGREDIENTS FOR MANGO POPSICLES
To make mango popsicles, you’ll require four basic ingredients.
- Mango: Fresh, sweet, ripe mangoes work best. If you have frozen mangoes, thaw them before use.
- Lime Juice: The mangoes’ sweetness pairs nicely with the lemon flavor.
- Honey: I prefer local honey, but quality raw or pure honey is also available at the grocery store.
- Liquid: You need liquid to blend and create a smooth puree. Options include water, coconut water for a tropical taste, or orange juice for authenticity.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and measurements.
- For a creamy popsicle texture, use coconut milk or yogurt, not water.
- To make it healthier, reduce sugar; too much water makes popsicles icy.
- Sugar prevents excessive iciness.
- Enhance with mango chunks and mint leaves.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or cardamom for a classic summer twist.
- Blend with ginger for mango ginger popsicles.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE MANGO POPSICLES
These popsicles are very simple to prepare. Just follow these steps:
Add Ingredients To Blender: Add roughly chopped sweet and ripe mango chunks, the water, fresh lime juice and honey to a mixer or blender.
Blend: Blend the mixture until it’s smooth. It will appear creamy despite being only fruit.
Fill Molds: Pour the puree into the popsicle mold.
Freeze: Keep the popsicle molds in the freezer for 4 to 6 hours (preferably overnight) and enjoy!
UNMOLD MANGO POPSICLES
Dip the bottom of the popsicle mold in warm water for 5 to 10 seconds.
Pull out the popsicles from the mold and enjoy.
Popsicles typically freeze in 4-8 hours, depending on your freezer and popsicle size. I usually freeze them overnight and enjoy them the next day.
You can store homemade mango popsicles in the mold or unwrap them, use nonstick material like wax paper, parchment paper, or plastic wrap, and keep them in a freezer bag or container.
They vanish fast, but can be frozen for 1-2 months without spoilage; longer storage may alter texture and frost buildup.
Homemade Mango Popsicles
- 3 cups mango chunks, fresh or frozen (thaw first if using frozen)
- ⅓ cup water or coconut water
- ¼ cup honey (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Add Ingredients To Blender: Add roughly chopped sweet and ripe mango chunks, the water, fresh lime juice, and honey to a mixer or blender.
- Blend: Blend the mixture until it's smooth. It will appear creamy despite being only fruit.
- Fill Molds: Pour the puree into the popsicle mold.
- Freeze: Keep the popsicle molds in the freezer for 4 to 6 hours (preferably overnight) and enjoy!