I am sharing a selection of nourishing drink recipes, whether you call them immunity-booster drink or drinks to enhance your immune system. These beverages both satisfy your thirst and provide essential immune-boosting nutrients.
Top 6 Immunity Booster Drink Recipes
- Turmeric Tea
- Spiced Tea
- Golden milk
- Evergreen Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Tomato-Vegetable Juice
1. Immunity Boosting Turmeric Tea
Turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, making it an ideal ingredient for the immunity-boosting drink recipe. Turmeric tea serves as one of the finest home remedies to enhance immunity.
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder (You can also use grated turmeric root instead)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups of water
- Heat four cups of water in a saucepan and then add grated turmeric.
- Allow the mixture to simmer over medium heat until 4 cups of water has reduced to 1 cup.
- Pour out the water, then enhance the flavor with a squeeze of lemon juice and a touch of honey. Enjoy it warm before having breakfast.
Turmeric is packed with curcumin, a compound that boosts immunity and brings various advantages like enhancing metabolism, maintaining blood pressure, and potentially combating cancer cells.
2. Spiced Tea
This tea has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s rich in infection-fighting compounds. Raw honey’s phytonutrients possess antibacterial and antiviral abilities, bolstering your immune system to combat illness.
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 Peppercorns
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1-star anise
- 1 crushed cardamom pod
- 1 tablespoon Unpasteurized honey
- A handful of tulsi leaves
Bring all the ingredients, except honey, to a gentle boil in a pot with one liter of water for half an hour. Enjoy a warm ¼ cup of this concoction, sweetened with a touch of honey.
3. Golden milk
You’ve likely tried golden milk as a child and now’s a perfect time to try it. It boosts immunity with vital antioxidants, enhancing strength and vigor. It may alleviate joint problems. But, it’s not just turmeric and milk in this natural immune booster.
- 2 cups of dairy milk or use almond milk if you are lactose intolerant
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- A pinch of black pepper powder
Warm the milk over low to medium heat. Allow it to boil for approximately 2-3 minutes. Pour the steaming milk into a glass, then stir in turmeric and pepper powder, and optionally, a pinch of Ashwagandha powder. After straining the mixture, sweeten it with honey or jaggery for enhanced flavor.
4. Evergreen Smoothie
Spinach is abundant in antioxidants such as Vitamin C and beta carotene, which can enhance our immune system’s ability to fight infections. Curd’s beneficial bacteria support immune function and reduce the risk of harmful microorganism attacks.
- Baby spinach – 1 cup
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Gourd/ cucumber – ½ cup
- Curds – ½ cup
- Rock salt – a pinch
- Cumin powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- Ice cubes – 1 cup
Combine all the ingredients in a blender, including ice cubes, and blend until you achieve a smooth consistency.
5. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Pumpkin is more than just a tasty addition to your smoothie; it’s also a nutritional powerhouse. Rich in vitamins A and C, as well as fiber and antioxidants, pumpkin can boost your immune system and support healthy skin. Plus, its low-calorie content makes it a guilt-free addition to your diet.
- Canned pumpkin puree – ⅓ cup
- Medium frozen banana – 1
- Unsweetened almond milk or other nut milk – ½ cup
- Plain whole-milk Greek yogurt – ⅓ cup
- Pumpkin pie spice – ⅛ tsp
- Pure maple syrup – 1 to 2 tsp
Put pumpkin puree, banana, almond milk (or any nut milk), yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup into a blender. Blend until it’s smooth and creamy.
6. Tomato-Vegetable Juice
Tomato-vegetable juice is a nutritional powerhouse, offering vitamin C for immunity, vitamin A for vision, and fiber for digestion. Rich in antioxidants, it fights inflammation and reduces disease risk. Low in calories, it aids weight management and supports heart health by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. A tasty way to boost daily nutrition.
- Chopped hearts of romaine – 1 cup
- Chopped fresh chives – ¼ cup
- Large tomatoes, cut into wedges – 2
- Fresh jalapeño, stemmed and seeded – ¼
- Large red bell pepper, cut into eighths – 1
- Large stalks celery, trimmed – 2
- Medium carrot, peeled – 1
- Ice cubes
In this sequence, process lettuce, chives, tomatoes, jalapeño, bell pepper, celery, and carrot through a juicer, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Place ice in 2 glasses if you like. Then, pour the juice into the glasses. Serve right away.
These simple homemade immunity booster drink help maintain fitness and boost immunity. Preparing juices and nutritional beverages using readily available home ingredients is a great way to stay healthy. You receive essential nutrients and vitamins at home. So, try these nutrient-rich recipes and share your favorites with us!