The combination of fresh strawberries and cream is a delectable and simple dessert that really makes the most of the fruit’s seasonal availability. This traditional strawberry dish has been prepared for generations all across the world, from England (at Wimbledon) to Italy. I’m confident that once you taste this straightforward pairing of strawberry and cream, you’ll become addicted.
A really easy dessert that combines fresh strawberries and fresh sweet cream that is incredibly good is strawberries with cream drizzled on top of them. It is offered as a dessert, breakfast item, and even a snack.
This easy classic strawberry dessert is served during Wimbledon, but you may prepare it whenever you like, as we do.
Desserts that are this easy to make are my absolute favorites. You already know this if you’ve made my simple vanilla sauce or my decadent lemon bars.
Sometimes it really is preferable to keep things simple while working with strawberries. To increase the richness of the cream, I added a little vanilla and a touch of powdered sugar to this recipe to spice it up a little. This portion of the recipe is entirely optional and can be removed if desired.
Whipping cream may be used to serve strawberry with cream. I’ve provided directions below if you want to use whipped cream instead of the ordinary cream called for in the recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM
- Strawberry – Cream pairs best with ripe, fresh strawberries.
- Powdered Sugar – When strawberries are added to the dish, it helps to bring out its inherent sweetness.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream imparts a creamy flavor and texture. If desired, substitute double cream, whipping cream, or half-and-half.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds a subtle vanilla flavor to this dessert.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM
It’s quite simple to make this dish with strawberry and cream. the following steps:
- Cut strawberries into quarters and place them into a bowl.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Pour the cream over the strawberries and serve.
HOW TO SERVE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM
My preferred method of serving strawberry and cream is to place fresh strawberries in each bowl, then, just before I’m ready to eat, pour a big carafe of chilled cream over the strawberries.
I prefer to add a little vanilla essence and a pinch of powdered sugar, as I suggested previously in the text. I’ll prepare everything in advance, combine it with the cream, and store it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to serve dessert.
For more strawberry flavour, sprinkle some homemade strawberry syrup on top.
In the summer, serve alongside a Strawberry Matcha Popsicle.
- Use full-fat coconut milk or any other thick plant-based milk to make berries and cream that is dairy-free or vegan.
- Combine the sugared berries and vanilla ice cream for a chilled, creamy treat.
- Use canned whipped cream instead of homemade whipped cream to give the berries a quick, easy, and delicious flavor.
- Include any berries you choose, such as raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries, in the mixture.
Storing: This strawberry dessert can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours with the best results if it is kept in an airtight container.
Freezing: Freezing is not advised due to the high water content of fresh strawberries and the altered texture of the cream after freezing.
It is said that King George V introduced this exquisite combo in the early 1900s (1877, to be exact), when it first appeared at Wimbledon Open Grand Slam competitions. Furthermore, during that time strawberries had significantly increased in favor as a trendy and desired food item.
Since Wimbledon is often held in the months of June and July, when strawberries are in season in Britain, this delicacy is still offered. Strawberry and cream cost £2.50 per serving. The Wimbledon uses about 28000 kilograms of strawberries and 10,000 liter of cream annually to prepare this delicacy.
Heavy Cream – Creates a creamy taste and texture. Use double cream, whipping cream or half-and-half if preferred.
Not just strawberries but all berries have been linked to a reduced risk of numerous chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. Protein, saturated fat, calcium, and vitamins A and D are all found in cream.
Easy Strawberries And Cream
- 1 pint Fresh strawberries
- 1 pint Fresh cream
- 1 tbsp Powdered sugar optional
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract optional
- Clean and rinse your strawberries.1 pint fresh strawberries
- Strawberry tops should be removed before cutting them in half lengthwise, then cutting the halves in half lengthwise.
- Refrigerate the strawberries in a large mixing bowl until ready to use.
- Combine the cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. If you don't want to use vanilla or sugar, just proceed to the next step.1 pint fresh cream,1 tablespoon powdered sugar,1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk everything together thoroughly.
- Fill a carafe or small pitcher halfway with cream.
- Place the quartered strawberries into 4 bowls in an even distribution.Serve with a side of sweetened cream for drizzling.