Try this simple Mini Pizza Recipe for a great back-to-school snack. Kids often arrive home hungry after school. These simple mini-pizzas snack are ideal for energizing kids and keeping them full until dinner.
These adorable small pizzas are a fast and simple option for a snack, lunch, or dinner, depending on the situation! They’re good for kids on pizza night and add fun to game nights, movie nights, slumber parties, and birthdays.
Enjoy these tasty mini pizzas not only for kids but also as a great snack for Sunday football, New Year’s Eve, or movie night with friends.
Creating mini pizzas is simple. Use classic pizza dough, pre-cut biscuit dough, or small flour tortillas. With a brief prep and 10-minute cook time, you can serve these mini pizzas in under 20 minutes!
REASONS TO LOVE MINI PIZZASMini pizzas offer simplicity, enjoyment, and tastiness. Here are additional reasons to relish them now:
- Control your portions: Mini pizzas satisfy pizza cravings without excessive indulgence. They’re tiny, that you can enjoy one without feeling guilty.
- Convenience: Making mini pizzas is quick and simple in a regular or toaster oven. This makes them an excellent choice for a fast meal or snack.
- Options: Mini pizzas are available in various flavors and toppings, allowing you to pick them according to your taste. You can combine toppings for a special mini pizza.
- Fun: Enjoy the experience of eating a mini pizza for fun. You can distribute to friends or family for a pizza night, or relish by yourself.
- Affordable: Mini pizzas are cheaper than regular ones, ideal for budget-conscious individuals.
Ingredients For Mini Pizza
To make mini pizza you need:
- 1 package of pizza dough: Pillsbury classic crust (favorite) or homemade with easy recipe if time allows. Replace the top half with biscuits, using both parts of the biscuit dough as the crust. Also, opt for 4-inch flour tortillas.
- Pizza sauce: choose white pizza with mozzarella cheese and your preferred toppings, skipping traditional red sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese shreds: or pizza mix.
I brush dough with seasoned melted butter before sauce but this is totally optional. This simple addition seriously boosts pizza flavor and crispiness.
Besides standard pizza ingredients, choose your preferred toppings. There are countless options, so pick your favorites!
- Extra cheese
- Spicy Italian sausage
- Roasted Tomato
- Fresh Tomato
- Green pepper
- Fresh basil
- Roasted Garlic
- Buffalo Chicken
- BBQ Chicken
Replicate your preferred regular pizzas for mini versions. I enjoy margarita and white pizza with tomato and basil.
How To Make Easy Mini Pizzas
Creating mini pizza is easy and fast. They can be ready to eat in just 20 minutes. Involve kids in making mini pizza. They enjoy it. Let them create their own, as they prefer.
1: Flatten the dough and cut small circles. Use the cookie cutter. If you don’t have the cookie cutter, you can use a cup rim. Press the inverted cup into the dough and twist till the dough separates.
2 (OPTIONAL): Melt the butter and combine with parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Brush onto the dough.
3: Now Spread pizza sauce (1-2 tsp). Add shredded mozzarella (1-2 tbsp).
4: Add your desired toppings, if preferred.
5: Bake at 425°F for 10-12 mins, until cheese bubbles and turns golden brown. Enjoy!
Tips For Making Mini Pizzas
- Utilize dough scraps/trimmings when cutting circles. Reuse for mini pizza or save for pepperoni poppers (freezable).
- Utilize pizza stone if you have one for quicker, crispy pizzas. It keeps heat and bakes evenly for lightness. Heat stone before putting mini-pizza. No stone? Preheat the cookie sheet or perforated pizza sheet.
- If you’re busy, you can use ready-made pizza dough instead of making it from scratch at home.
- For a rich crust like store-bought pizza, spread melted butter or olive oil on the base before adding sauce to prevent sogginess.
Yes! Assemble and freeze uncooked for 1 month (best) or 2 months (max). Cook from frozen using the oven method. Add 2-3 minutes to cook time.
It takes about 10 to 12 minutes at 425 F (220 C) to bake mini pizza in an oven. The actual time required will vary slightly depending on the oven and the amount/type of toppings used in the pizza.
One 4-ounce mini pizza has approximately 130 calories, 17 grams of carbs, and 6 grams of fat. Whether or not they are healthy is a bit subjective and depends on your overall diet plan and health standards.
EASY MINI PIZZAS | BEST COIN PIZZAS
- Baking Sheet
- Paarchment Papper
- Circle cookie cutter – 4 (inch)
- 1 package Pizza dough
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use cooking oil spray.
- Flatten the dough and cut small circles. Use the cookie cutter. If you don't have the cookie cutter, you can use a cup rim. You'll get around 12 small pizza dough rounds. Put them on the baking sheet.
- (OPTIONAL): Melt the butter and combine with parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Brush onto the dough.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of pizza sauce on the dough. Add 1-2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese. Top with desired toppings.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-12 mins, until cheese bubbles and turns golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.