This flavorful Creamy shrimp scampi pasta is perfect for seafood and pasta enthusiasts. It’s a rich, classic dish with garlic, creaminess, and buttery goodness that impresses your holiday dinner guests.
This meal is easy to make, perfect for busy individuals or families with children. It’s so simple and has a short list of ingredients, but restaurant-level taste. This homemade creamy shrimp pasta is better than salty like dining out tends to be and you don’t get the big bill at the end of your meal #winning!!
Try the Cheesecake Factory-inspired Shrimp Scampi with Pasta recipe to elevate your Thanksgiving meals. Perfect for any gathering size, this simple dish will surely impress your guests.
This version of shrimp scampi is without wine. But if you prefer to use wine, then feel free to use it.
What is Shrimp Scampi?
Shrimp Scampi is a dish where shrimp is cooked in a sauce made from white wine, butter, and garlic. It’s often served with pasta and bread.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SHRIMP SCAMPI FROM SCRATCH?
In a big bowl, combine flour, milk, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and herbs. Mix well. Then, add fresh/thawed, deveined shrimp. Coat shrimp in the flour mix.
Heat olive oil/butter in a nonstick pan on medium heat. When hot/melted, add shrimp. Cook for 2 mins on each side until tender and juicy.
I enjoy offering shrimp scampi alongside garlic bread or mixing it with various pasta choices. My preferred pasta types for shrimp scampi include angel hair, spaghetti, linguini, trenette, and orzo. Zucchini noodles are an option for a low-carb version, and rice works well for a gluten-free alternative.
- Utilize big shrimp for juicy texture after cooking.
- Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes with salt, olive oil/butter, and minced garlic or garlic powder.
You’ll love how easy this creamy shrimp scampi is to make. Shrimp scampi with pasta is popular in restaurants like The Cheesecake Factory. Scampi sauce is mainly prepared using onion, garlic, butter, cream, wine, tomatoes, and some herbs for flavor.
I use frozen deveined jumbo shrimp for my recipes. Cooking shrimp is simpler than chicken, salmon, or other meats that need precise temperatures. Cooking frozen shrimp ensures tender, juicier results and avoids overcooking. Jumbo shrimp is less likely to overcook, with great texture. Budget-friendly? Choose smaller ones. 🙂
Normally, scampi sauce is made with white wine. However, it can also be created using shrimp broth, chicken broth, vegetable broth, water, or cream.
Creamy Shrimp Scampi Pasta
For Shrimp Scampi
- 16 Jumbo shrimps deveined with shell and tail on
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Paprika or Red chilli powder or Red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Dried basil or mint or parsley
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or Butter for shallow frying
For sauce and pasta
- 1 Small onion finely chopped
- 6 Garlic cloves whole, check tips
- 2 tbsp Butter add more if needed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 pint Heavy cream
- ½ tsp Salt adjust to taste
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes optional, add more for garnish if desired
- 1 tsp Cilantro or Parsley or Basil, finely chopped, add more for garnish
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated, use more for garnish if desired
- 8 oz Angel hair pasta or Linguine or Spaghetti or any pasta of your choice
Step I – How to make Shrimp scampi
- In a big bowl, combine flour, milk, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and herbs. Mix well. Then, add fresh/thawed, deveined shrimp. Coat shrimp in the flour mix.2 tablespoon Milk,2 tablespoon All-purpose flour,1 teaspoon Paprika,½ teaspoon Salt,½ teaspoon Garlic powder,½ teaspoon Dried basil,16 Jumbo shrimps
- Heat olive oil/butter in a nonstick pan on medium heat. When hot/melted, add shrimp. Cook for 2 mins on each side until tender and juicy. 2 tablespoon Olive oil
Step II – How to make Scampi Sauce
- Heat oil and butter in saucepan on medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic; sauté till onion turns light golden.1 Small onion,2 tablespoon Butter,6 Garlic cloves
- Next, include tomatoes, cream, salt, optional red pepper flakes; boil. Add cilantro and parmesan; simmer 5 mins till slight thickening.1 Tomato,1 pint Heavy cream,½ teaspoon Salt,1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes,1 tablespoon Cilantro,2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Simultaneously, boil water in large pot. Add salt, then angel hair pasta. Drain in 4 mins. Add olive oil to prevent sticking.8 oz Angel hair pasta,1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Combine thickened sauce with pasta and shrimp scampi from step I. Top with cilantro, pepper flakes, parmesan. Enjoy!