This Coconut Chia Pudding is both nutritious and simple to prepare, bursting with the delightful taste of coconut. With just a few ingredients and a bowl, you can whip up this recipe effortlessly!
I absolutely adore using chia seeds as they are among my top favorite ingredients. It’s no secret that I enjoy transforming them into delectable chia puddings! Chia seeds are incredibly rich in nutrients, making them an ideal choice for a wholesome breakfast, snack, or even dessert. Additionally, they have a remarkable ability to absorb liquid, swelling up to 10 times their weight, resulting in luxuriously creamy puddings.
Coconut Chia Pudding is incredibly creamy due to its use of coconut milk, which has a higher fat content compared to almond milk. Using coconut milk is ideal for preparing dairy-free desserts as it adds richness and a luscious flavor.
Health Benefits of Coconut Chia Pudding
- This food is packed with fiber, antioxidants, calcium, phosphorous, and magnesium.
- It also contains essential fatty acids, including alpha-linolenic acid, which is a beneficial anti-inflammatory fat referred to as “the plant omega-3”.
- It has the potential to offer therapeutic advantages for specific cardiovascular, immune, and digestive conditions.
How to make chia pudding with coconut milk
This recipe for coconut chia pudding starts with chia seeds and unsweetened shredded coconut. Then, you mix them together with light coconut milk, maple syrup, and a touch of vanilla. That’s all there is to it!
It’s a simple process, right? One thing I really enjoy about using coconut milk for chia pudding is that it adds a richer texture compared to almond milk, thanks to its higher fat content. This results in an incredibly creamy chia pudding!
Once you’ve prepared the base for the pudding, you can add your favorite toppings. In this recipe, I chose strawberries and coconut chips. The combination of coconut and strawberry is absolutely delightful!
There are so many different ways you can top off this pudding! Here are some of my favourite ideas:
- Citrusy Delight: Add a burst of freshness by sprinkling ½ teaspoon of lemon zest or orange zest on top of your coconut pudding.
- Berry Bliss: Enhance the flavors by topping your pudding with fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. The combination of berries and coconut is absolutely delicious.
- Choco-licious: For chocolate lovers, sprinkle some mini chocolate chips over your coconut chia pudding to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Vegan Delight: If you prefer a vegan option, swap honey with pure maple syrup as a sweetener for your chia pudding.
- Crunchy Goodness: Add some texture by topping your pudding with toasted coconut flakes, granola, or toasted nuts. The crunchiness pairs well with the creamy pudding.
- Jamlicious: Experiment with flavors by adding a tablespoon of your favorite jam as a topping for your coconut chia pudding.
- Feel free to mix and match these toppings or get creative with your own combination. Enjoy your coconut pudding with these delightful additions!
Tips For Making Perfect Coconut Chia Pudding
Mix the chia pudding thoroughly before refrigerating to prevent clumping. To achieve the desired consistency, refrigerate overnight for the chia seeds to expand fully.
However, even if you let it sit for just an hour, it will still be delicious.
When preparing a serving of pudding, layer it with fruit and add some granola, flaked coconut, or nuts on top for a satisfying crunch!
For a convenient on-the-go snack, make the recipe directly in small jars, ensuring your coconut chia puddings are ready to enjoy anytime.
To create a chocolate coconut chia pudding, simply include 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in the recipe!
If you prefer a richer and creamier pudding, you can use full-fat coconut milk. Keep in mind that full-fat coconut milk has a higher fat content, so I recommend using light coconut milk for this recipe.
Chia pudding is a highly nutritious option for breakfast or a snack. It not only provides essential nutrients but also keeps you satisfied until lunchtime. Chia seeds contain abundant antioxidants that effectively safeguard against cell damage caused by free radicals.
You can savor this delightful coconut chia pudding for either breakfast or dessert, but personally, I find it most enjoyable in the morning. A single batch can keep well in the fridge for four days, making it a perfect choice for a pre-prepared and nutritious breakfast option.
When you prepare a 16oz serving pudding using the following recipe, it will contain: 193 calories, 6g of protein, and 18g of carbohydrates (7g net).
Coconut Chia Pudding
- ¼ cup Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 & ¼ cup Light coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- Cook Mode Prevent your screen from going dark
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Let sit on the counter for 10 minutes, giving it a stir every 2-3 minutes.
- Cover and place in the fridge to firm up for 1-2 hours.
- Remove and enjoy.