Try Brussel Sprout Pasta – an easy, tasty 1-pot recipe! Cook sprouts until tender, then toss into creamy alfredo pasta.
Don’t like sprouts? Try them cooked right! You’ll love creamy Brussels Sprout Pasta with alfredo sauce. A popular, fiber-rich vegetable with vitamins A and C.
I enjoy cooking Brussels sprouts in various ways, and one of my favorites is adding them to pasta. For this recipe, sauté fresh Brussels sprouts with garlic and onion until fragrant.
Add water, stock, pasta, cook until tender. Create alfredo with cream, parmesan. Serve with protein or as a healthy side dish.
INGREDIENTS FOR BRUSSEL SPROUT PASTA
Make an easy Brussels sprouts and pasta dish with simple ingredients!
- Brussels Sprouts: Brussels sprouts take center stage in this recipe providing nutrition, texture, and flavor to the dish.
- Olive Oil: To bring out the natural flavors of the vegetables, we use olive oil for sautéing.
- Onion & Garlic: For added depth and boldness, we include sautéed onions and garlic, which complement the vegetarian pasta beautifully.
- Pasta: As for the pasta, tagliatelle is our choice for this recipe, but feel free to use your favorite type.
- Vegetable Stock & Water: To enhance the vegetable flavor further, we cook the pasta in a combination of vegetable stock and water.
- Red Pepper Flakes: To give the dish a subtle kick, we add a touch of red pepper flakes that pairs wonderfully with the overall flavors.
- Heavy Cream: For a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce, we add heavy cream, giving the dish its luscious consistency.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Adds a salty and cheesy flavor that completes the dish.
Please see the recipe card below for quantities.
STEPS TO PREPARE BRUSSEL SPROUT PASTA
Learn to make Brussels Sprouts Pasta with this easy step-by-step guide.
Cook vegetables: Put olive oil in large pot, turn the heat to medium-low. When oil is heated, add brussels sprouts and onion. Saute for 7-10 minutes until soft and brown. Then add the garlic in last minute.
Cook the pasta: To the vegetable mixture, add water, stock and red pepper flakes. Stir, cover, and cook for 12 minutes until pasta is done.
Add the cream and cheese: Mix cooked pasta and veggies with cream and parmesan cheese. Stir untill a creamy sauce is formed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Cooking time for pasta depends on the type. Use box instructions as a guide. Stir and check regularly.
If you don’t like spicy food, skip or reduce red pepper flakes according to your taste.
When preparing brussels sprouts, cut large ones in quarters and smaller ones in half for even cooking.
Add garlic to saute last to avoid burning and prevent bitter flavor.
Enjoy Brussels Sprout Pasta with your preferred pasta noodles!
Use Mushroom Stock for a rich umami taste.
Add Chili Garlic Oil for extra spice and garlic flavor.
Serve with salad and garlic bread for a complete meal.
Enhance smoky flavor: Use smoked paprika, smoked salt, or liquid smoke.
Add sweetness and acidity: Include roasted cherry tomatoes or red peppers.
Different flavor profile: Replace parmesan with pecorino romano or asiago.
More green goodness: Mix in spinach at the end.
Boost nutrients and flavor: Try roasted butternut squash, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower rice (after pasta cooks), mushrooms, and asparagus.
Yes, but thawed Brussels sprouts are mushy, altering the pasta dish’s texture. Use fresh for best results.
Sure! You can use gluten-free pasta for this recipe. Check the box for cooking instructions, as they might be different from wheat pasta or other types.
Sure! To make this dish vegan and dairy-free, use plant-based cream (such as soy or oat) and skip the parmesan cheese.
BRUSSEL SPROUT PASTA
- Large frying pan
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved or quartered if large (225g)
- 1 Small onion diced
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 10 ounce Tagliatelle or other pasta (285g)
- 2 ½ cups Vegetable stock (600ml)
- 1 ½ cups Water (350ml)
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup Heavy cream (double cream) (180ml)
- ¼ cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving (25g)
- Heat oil in a pot. Add onion and brussels sprouts. Cook for 7-10 minutes until soft and slightly brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add pasta, stock, water, and red pepper flakes. Cook covered for 12 minutes until pasta is done.
- Stir in cream and parmesan. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!